Supta Vajrasana is Vajrasana in Lying down position.
Practice this asana slowly without haste.
Sit in vajrasana, bend backwards, place right and left palm behind you on the floor, palm facing forward, and be in this position for few breathe.
Next bend your elbows one by one and place them on the floor behind you and be there in this position for few breathe.
If comfortable in above position go down more and place your back, shoulder, head on the floor, with your hands on the side of your body.
Place your right hand palm under your left shoulder and your left hand palm under your right shoulder and be there for 11 to 30 breaths.
In Supta Vajrasana,
- Muscles of our chest, abdomen, thighs gets stretched giving them maximum toning and elasticity.
- Muscles in abdominal region are stretched.
- The abdominal wall becomes flexible
- Unnecessary blood accumulation around inner abdominal organs like liver, spleen, stomach, large intestine, small intestine, gall bladder etc. is drained, improving their functioning.
- Fat deposited in abdominal region is removed.
- Helps in treating indigestion, constipation,gas trouble, acidity, heaviness of stomach etc.
- Knee joint and ankle joint are stretched, increasing blood circulation in and around them, improving the joints and making them more efficient and flexible.
- Muscles on chest region like costal and intercostal muscles, become strong, healthy and more flexible, increasing capacity of lung.
- It helps to cure respiratory issues like breathelessness, asthma etc.