Shalabha means grasshopper or locust.
In Shalabhasana we lie down on the floor with our stomach / chest down. Hands on the side, chin on the floor, fist slightly closed, and we raise our legs from feet upward, with no bending at knee and be in the pose for 5 to 11 breathe.
In this pose our hind is up like a grasshopper tail, so it is called locust or grasshopper pose.
People suffering from lower abdomen issues, hernia or appendicitis, should either avoid it or do this pose under proper guidance.
- Strengthens lower back
- Helps in preventing lower back pain
- Improves digestion
- Helps to relieve gas troubles and feeling of heaviness after meal
- Improves toning of bowel
- Helps in curing constipation
- Helps in preventing sciatica
Bhujanga means snake. In bhujangasana we raise our upper body to look like raised cobra hood so its called bhujangasana or cobra pose.
Lie down on the floor, on the stomach and chest. Bring both palms on the side of your body, near chest with elbow bent. Raise your upper body slowly with the help of your back neck muscle and back muscles. Be in that pose for 5 to 11 breath.
Upper body to be raised only with help of back and back of neck muscle, no support of hand need to be taken to raise our upper body.
This asana should not be done if you have pain due to hernia, appendicitis, ulcer in abdomin or have severe neck ache or severe back ache.
In Bhujangasana, muscles of neck, chest and abdomen are stretched and muscles of our back and back of neck are contracted. In this pose our vertebra are raised upward and backward. Benefits
- Improves posture.
- Strengthens back and back of neck muscles.
- Flexibility of spine is maintained or increased as blood circulation in the vertebral region is improved, nerves in the region are stimulated.
- Toning of intestine improves.
- Health of glands situated in neck improves.
- It helps in increasing lung capacity.
- It helps in curing indigestion and constipation.
Supta Vajrasana is Vajrasana in Lying down position.
Practice this asana slowly without haste.
Sit in vajrasana, bend backwards, place right and left palm behind you on the floor, palm facing forward, and be in this position for few breathe.
Next bend your elbows one by one and place them on the floor behind you and be there in this position for few breathe.
If comfortable in above position go down more and place your back, shoulder, head on the floor, with your hands on the side of your body.
Place your right hand palm under your left shoulder and your left hand palm under your right shoulder and be there for 11 to 30 breaths.
In Supta Vajrasana,
- Muscles of our chest, abdomen, thighs gets stretched giving them maximum toning and elasticity.
- Muscles in abdominal region are stretched.
- The abdominal wall becomes flexible
- Unnecessary blood accumulation around inner abdominal organs like liver, spleen, stomach, large intestine, small intestine, gall bladder etc. is drained, improving their functioning.
- Fat deposited in abdominal region is removed.
- Helps in treating indigestion, constipation,gas trouble, acidity, heaviness of stomach etc.
- Knee joint and ankle joint are stretched, increasing blood circulation in and around them, improving the joints and making them more efficient and flexible.
- Muscles on chest region like costal and intercostal muscles, become strong, healthy and more flexible, increasing capacity of lung.
- It helps to cure respiratory issues like breathelessness, asthma etc.
Baba Ramdev Yoga Pranayam Meditation Health
- Sign the Petition - Nobel Prize in Physiology / Medicine / Peace for His Highness Baba Ramdev
- Baba Ramdev -16 Rituals During and After Pregnancy
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Young Women - Yuvatiyon Ke Liye
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Pregnant Women - Part 1
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Pregnant Women - Part 2
- Baba Ramdev - Yoga for Restful Sleep (Yog Nidra)
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Physical Elegance & Well-being
- Swami Baba Ramdev Yoga - Pranayama, Asana
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Childless Couples (English)
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for the Youth (English)
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Musculoskeletal Disorders (Vaat Rog)
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Heart Diseases (Hriday Rog Ke Liye)
- Baba Ramdev - Yoga for Active Meditation (English)
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Kidney Diseases ( Kidney Ke Liye )
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for the Vertebral Column ( Spinal Cord )
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Migraine & Epilepsy ( Migraine Va Mirgi )
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Eye Diseases (Netra Rogon Ke Liye)
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Constipation & Piles (English)
- Swami Ramdev set of 7 pranayam - pranayama
- Baba Ramdev - Yoga for Asthma
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for High Blood Pressure - English
- Baba Ramdev - Yoga : Misconceptions, Risks and Precautions
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Insomnia - English
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Obesity - English
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Diabetes - English
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Cancer - English
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Parkinson's Disease & Paralysis - English
- Baba Ramdev - Yoga Practices and Lifestyle - English
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Stomach Ailments - Udar Rogon Ke Liye
- Baba Ramdev - Pranayam - English
- Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Children - English
- My personal experience doing Pranayam and Yoga as thought by His Holiness Swami Ramdevji Maharaj
- Difference between Pranayam and Meditation
- Difference between normal breathing and Pranayam ( Pranayama )
- 11 differences between Yoga and Normal Exercise
- What is Enlightenment / Nirvana / Samadhi
- Give time to yourself
- Our body and life style
- Bhujang Asana ( Bhujangasana )
- Exercise for inner body Manduk Asan
- Savasana - Deep Relaxation Technique - Corpse Pose
- Six pack abs muscles exists in all individuals
- Just reducing your body fat would not make you healthy
- Yog ( Yoga ) is
- Benefits, side effects and risks of Yoga
- Let's enjoy our life - Aparigraha
- Fourth Niyama of yoga - Svadhyaya - Study of the self, observe our self, self inquiry.
- The easiest ways to live in present
- Benefits of Pranayama
- Basic breathing exercise - Bhastrika pranayam
- Exercise for your inner body - Kapalbhati
- Easy Breathing Exercise - Anulom Vilom
- The humming breathing exercise - Brahmari pranayam
- Is your body Rich ! What is the value of your body ?
- Easy way to exercise
- Easy Simple Way To Reduce Toxicity ( Toxin ) from Your Body
- Easy way to get intoxicated - Easy way to meditate
- The Easiest Exercise - Clapping
- Healthy & balanced life
- List of my friends and relatives
- Global warming will "not" destroy Earth
- My Mother
- Count "F"
Swami Ramdev set of 7 pranayam
Baba Ramdev Medicine for Swine Flu - H1 N1
Pranayam Pranayama Yogic Breath Breathe Breathing
Hatha Yoga - Training Class Course
Tibetan Yoga Meditation
- Om Namah Shivaya (Shiva Sahasranama Mantra) Shiva Meditation in the Himalayan Caves
- Om Namah Shivaya ( Shiva Sahasranama Mantra )
- Didgeridoo Sound Healing by Astarius
- Tibetan Sound Healing Part 3 OM - Throat Chakra - Ligmincha
- Tibetan Sound Healing Part 2 - Aaa - Third Eye Chakra - Releasing Anger - Ligmincha